Blog

Club Shirts

If you follow the Hoosier Beemers group on facebook you’re aware I’d like to create a T-Shirt and Rally badge. It’s a great way to let people know who we are and gain visibility for the club.

Yes, I’ve pretty much taken the lead ahead of a vote and I apologize for this. However here’s a few things to consider;

  • Finding and hiring a graphic artist isn’t easy. They can be hard to find and may not “get” the feel of the club. They can be expensive.
  • We need to license artwork they used.
  • Finding a shop to create the shirts takes time.

Having done a little research I’ve found the best option is to create an Amazon Merchant account. This allows me to create the graphics, upload the artwork and create a shopping cart, site and links for people to order the shirts they like. Amazon makes the shirts. You simply select the shirt you want and order it from Amazon. I don’t handle shipping, that’s up to the backend merchant that creates the shirt.

The good news is don’t have any inventory and don’t have to pay for the shirts up front in a group. I can create new designs and give buyers the option to purchase the size, style and color they like.

We’ll have two shirt options.

  • A standard T-shirt with the logo only on the front.
  • A Premium T-shirt with a logo on the front and the “Hoosier Beemers” on the back.
  • Each shirt gives you the choice of the Club Logo and a Muscatatuck Rally Badge.

One issue is finding a non-copyrighted image. Amazon doesn’t allow anyone to use unlicensed images. Unfortunately I’ve found that BMW Group has very strict requirements of the use of the BMW Logo. I’ll look further into this to see how it can be used. This means no BMW Logo or reference to BMW.

So far I have 3 designs. A Rally Badge and a Club shirt. One is “retro” styled and only available in dark colors, there’s a short sleeve and long sleeve version of the shirts. At one point I may add the option of a sweatshirt.

I can also post the image so people can make their own T-Shirts with Avery Ink-Jet Iron-on Transfer paper. I’ve done a few experiments with creating decals, shirts and magnetic decals. It can be very time consuming and subject to errors. Having a merchant make the shirts is a far quicker option. Contact Ian Jackson if you need the master images to make your own.

Coming Soon
Interested in a Hoosier Beemer T-Shirt?
Interested in a Hoosier Beemer T-Shirt?
Interested in a Hoosier Beemer T-Shirt?

I’ll post more information on this process here and Facebook.

Take a look at the badge gallery. The designs are subject to change. Suggestions welcomed.

Indy Road Trip

Meeting Minutes

February 23, 2019

Location: Indy Road Trip

About 12 members met in Edinburgh, IN at the Cracker Barrel for breakfast before carpooling to Indy.

Our first stop was Hoy Vintage motorcycles in Brownsburg. Steve Hoy welcomed us into his shop and answered our questions about the mix of bikes being repaired.

https://www.hoyvc.com/

Our next stop was to be Speed City Cycle, Royal Enfield dealer (not far from Falcone) but they were closed until spring. 

Falcone BMW was serving burgers and hot dogs in conjunction with a charity bulldog rescue event. None of our club members took home a new BMW or bulldog. Greetings were exchanged several familiar Indy BMW club members who were also visiting Falcone.

https://www.rfalconepowersports.com/

We altered our planned itinerary to visit Pop Dreyer’s Honda store. Several of us got the got the warehouse tour from Pop Dreyer’s great grandson.

https://www.dreyerhonda.com/

We did not hold organized club meeting, so no official club business occurred. However Ian Pearson expressed the desire to move the planned 27 April Meeting Kentucky Buffalo Trace ride, up a week to Saturday April 20.

December Meeting Minutes

Meeting Minutes

December 2, 2018

Location: Courtland IN Firehouse

27 members, spouses and guests were present for the annual Christmas party.

Brian Moorman gave a treasurer’s report. Annual dues ($15) are now due. There was some discussion on adding a PayPal link to the club website to allow dues payment by that method, otherwise members can send their dues to: Brian Moorman P.O. Box 2077, Columbus, IN. 47202.

The club voted on donations for the coming year, $100 to the MOA foundation, $161 & $100 donations to the Boy Scouts. A $500 donation to Muscatatuck Park was approved, directed to improvement of the electrical service at the pavilion we use for the rally.

The annual elections for the club officers was held. Dave Knott’s three year term as a club director was completed, however he accepted a unanimous vote for another three year term. Brian Moorman was reelected as treasurer, Andy Fountain as vice president, and Pete Mikolaitis as secretary. Jeff Kernen announced he was stepping down from being club president, Bill Russell was elected as our new club president.

Dates for 2019 club activities were discussed:

  • 23 Feb: Next club meeting, road trip to Indy, details TBD
  • 27 April Meeting Kentucky Buffalo Trace ride, Ian Pearson
  • 29 June Meeting, Club ride, Brad Ulery
  • 24 Aug Pre Rally meeting Ric Loper
  • 27-29 Sept Annual Club Rally Muscatatuck Park
  • 26 October Halloween club meeting, Bill & Karla Russell
  • 1 Dec Annual Christmas party

October 27 Meeting Minutes

Meeting Minutes

October27, 2018

Location: Dave Knotts home, Seymour In

12 members were present (after finding Dave’s house in the woods).

Jeff Kernen reviewed the results of September’s rally. All vendor who provided door prizes were sent thank you notes and pictures of the happy winners. The group discussed if we should pull the door prize numbers early and post the results next year to avoid the long drawing procedure on Saturday evening. We agreed to keep the drawing the same as always, since we believe that the drawing for prizes in front of the group waiting for dinner was entertaining for all.

The coffee and soda duty for the rally should be split between two people next year.

 Coffee and soda was cash positive.

There were 139 rally participants this year, a new record. Next year’s rally will be September 27-29. We should add a place on the rally registration form to indicate first time attendees, and how they heard about our rally.

3 new members were voted in by the group. One more application needed additional clarification before we could vote.

The Christmas party will be at the Courtland firehouse, December 2nd at 1:00PM. Bring your own table service. Fried chicken will be the main course. Everyone should bring side dishes. There will be a $15 limit gift exchange. ff

June 23 Meeting minutes

Meeting Minutes

June 23, 2018

Location: Bill & Carla Russel’s home, Columbus, IN

Bill & Carla Russel’s home prepared a BBQ lunch for the meeting. Thank you very much, it was enjoyed by all.

The club meeting was held after lunch, 7 members were present.

The club website was discussed again. Access and website content were discussed, as well as potential for increased views as the Rally date approaches.

The Rally ad should appear in the August MOA Owners News.

Brad & Bill attended a sidecar rally and offered 1 free admission to our September Rally as a prize. This may encourage a few sidecar riders to attend our rally.

There was discussion about creating a club business card with the club web page and Facebook addresses, which could be handed out to other BMW riders we meet as a method to increase club membership.

A new member, Dick James attended the meeting and was approved by vote.

The next meeting will be 25 August and will be coordinated with Ian Pearson. Will likely be a ride and lunch in Kentucky.

August 25 Meeting Minutes

Hoosier Beemer

Meeting Minutes

August 25, 2018

Location: 119 West Main Restaurant, La Grange, KY

We started with a group ride from Madison, IN lead by Ian Pearson. 9 bikes (with 11 people) left the river front at 10:30 for the ride to La Grange KY,

The club meeting was held while waiting for lunch, 12 members were present.

Discussion concerning the preparation for the September rally was led by Jeff Kernen. 10 door prizes are in so far, we are hoping for more. Our food vendor will be charging the same price as last year.

  • We agreed that one port-a-john should be rented again this year.
  • Help with Friday’s dinner is needed. Brad will send an email with the details.
  • Brad and Ian Pearson agreed that next April’s club ride will be organized by Ian.
  • Brad and Ian Pearson agreed that next April’s club ride will be organized by Ian.
  • After a great lunch, we were all entertained by the sight of a freight train going down the main street in La Grange.

August 25th Meeting

Just a note this morning about our August Meeting location, Date, and Time.  This is an important meeting for our all our members in that we start making plans for our rally in September.  The meeting/lunch will be at the 119 W. Main restaurant in Lagrange, Kentucky.  That is the name of the restaurant as well as the address. We will meet at the restaurant around noon for lunch, with our meeting to follow.  Please let either Ian Pearson or myself know if you will be there so we can let the restaurant know how many to plan for! A couple of us will be gathering at the gazebo on Vaughn Drive (river front street) in Madison about 10:00 to 10:30 if you want to ride down as a group. Kickstands up at 10:30 so let me know if you plan on riding with us.  Hope you all can make it and we will see you on the 25th!  Thanks and ride safe!

April 21, 2018 Meeting minutes

Hoosier Beemer

Meeting Minutes

April 21, 2018

Location: Overlook Restaurant, Leavenworth, IN

Group ride started in Salem, IN to lunch meeting at the Overlook Restaurant. Group stopped on the way down to visit with Gunther in Fredericksburg and admire his barn full of motorcycles. Gunther had just acquired a R69S at auction which was very original.

The club meeting was held at lunch, 9 members were present.

The update to the club website was discussed. Moving the site to an Amazon server to improve performance was approved. This will cost the club $5 per month.

Jeff reported that 2 Rally prizes have been received, and the Rally as has been submitted to the MOA Owners News.

The next meeting will be 23 June at Bill & Carla Russel’s home.

February 2018 Meeting minutes

Hoosier Beemer

Meeting Minutes

February 24, 2018

Location: BMW Motorcycles of Louisville

Prior to the meeting, many members visited Commonwealth Motorcycles, where there was a lot of looking and touching, but no buying.

Andy Fountain presided over the meeting in the absence of Jeff Kernen.

11 club members were present.

Old business discussion consisted of confirmation that a $100 check had been sent to the MOA foundation, and that our rally ad that been sent to the MOA.

This led to new business discussion on how the link in the rally ad was tied to the new (revived) Hoosier Beemer web page. A lot of questions concerning how club members can register, view and add content. Follow up with Ian Jackson concerning the web page capabilities will be required.

The Sturgis MI rally has been moved to Delton MI May 4-6.

The European Motorcycle Rally is May 17-20 in Burkesville, KY.

Treasurer report: Ample

Discussion was held on how to improve early morning coffee at our rally this year.

A great deal of discussion was held on where to go for lunch since the planned Mexican restaurant was closed.

The meeting was adjourned and most members had lunch a fairly decent deli, after two other choices were not available.

After lunch many members visited Retro Wrench, a repair and custom motorcycle shop specializing on 1960/70/80/90 bikes.