The annual Hoosier Beemer Christmas party and December club meeting convened at 1:00 PM on December 1, 2019 at the Hamilton township fire station in Cortland, Indiana. 21 club members and spouses were present.
After a delicious pitch-in lunch, President Bill Russell called the meeting to order.
First order of business was to elect a new treasurer since Brian Moorman has expressed his desire to resign the position. However, lacking any nominees (or volunteers), it appears Brian will need to continue in the treasurer’s position until we can find a replacement. Any club members interested, please contact Bill.
Donations for the upcoming year were then discussed:
- Hoosier Trails BSA Increase donation to cover 2 campers (est. $600)
- MOA Foundation Rally $100 Rider Training $250
- Muscatauck Park $TBD Need to revisit costs to upgrade pavilion electrical
It was suggested that we investigate having a device charging station at the next rally.
The club event schedule for 2020 will be:
- February 29th (Yes, the 29th) Road trip to the new Cincinnati BMW dealership
- April 25th Club ride & meeting (John Bowman}
- June 25-28 BMW MOA Rally Great Falls MT
- August 22 Pre Hoosier Beemer Rally meeting (Rick Loper)
- September 25,26,27 Pre Hoosier Beemer Rally Muscatauck Park
- October 24 Club meeting (Bill & Karla Russell)
- December 6 Annual Hoosier Beemer Christmas party, Cortland, Indiana
Discussion was held about having informal weekend breakfast rides utilizing our Facebook page to determine time, date, location and who planned to attend. Also, the idea of having a “tech day” for light bike maintenance was discussed.
Bill suggested that the club bylaws should be reviewed and updated if required. He will distribute electronic versions of the bylaws to the club officers.
Club Directors are elected for a three-year term. There are three directors, and one new director is elected each year as an old director’s term ends. This year it was the end of John Bowman’s term as director. Before he could object, John Bowman was elected to another three-year term.
There was considerable discussion on the costs and suggested rally fee for the 2020 Hoosier Beemer Rally. The only item that was voted upon was to set the 2020 rally fee at $35.
ALL MEMBERS: YOUR ANNUAL CLUB DUES OF $15 ARE NOW DUE