We are considering the following options for the website. Nothing here is carved into stone at present. It requires a vote.
- Set up a PayPal account (or similar) to accept donations for the operation of the website. The cost per month is ~ $5. This is the lowest cost available.
- Use the PayPal Button to accept membership dues.
- Create accounts for Club officers. They will have elevated privileges on the website to author content and add events.
- Providing a list of Officers in the About section. No other information will be provided other than full name and role.
- The site will be available to all visitors, areas of the site will be closed to the general visiting population.
- Members of the site will require vetting by officers and be up to date in dues. For instance, you are a due paying member but lapsed for a year. You are still a member of the site, but if you had a role of “Contributor” you will lose permissions to post or schedule events. You will still have access to the site as a general visitor.
The President has been added as an admin to the Facebook page “Hoosier Beemers.” Jeff Kernen has all the permissions to add new members, block members and create posts. The Facebook Page is open to membership for people interested in Hoosier Beemers. It isn’t the primary presence on the Internet. I recommend we add Brad Ulery as a Facebook admin for Hoosier Beemers. These roles will ensure this group can be maintained and vetted by people with more familiarity with the Club.
While club growth is a good thing, we aren’t devoting our internet presence to increasing membership at artificially high levels.